Wednesday, November 27, 2013

[Random Update] Lunch 11/27/13 (Thanksgiving Eve Lunch)

Hi guys! Today I'm just so excited to announce that I made the pan-seared scallops to perfection! I have no previous experience cooking with scallops; in fact, this was my first time cooking them! All I did was I looked up on a few websites to see how people make the perfect pan-seared scallops like I always see on Food Network. After the research, I have concluded that the perfect pan-seared scallop is that both sides have a nice brown, caramel-colored crust.

So, for my lunch today, I made my first attempt on pan-seared scallops and served them on a salad. Because my dad is leaving back to HK tomorrow, and he have always liked scallops (but doesn't know how to cook), that's why I decided to make him some before he leaves.  I have to say, perfect pan-seared scallops are simply delicious. period.

[insert pictures]

Although I succeed the first time, there's a price for it. When I drop my scallops down on the pan, the high temperature oil splashed on my hand so I got a burn. :(
Just a warning to you all, BE CAREFUL! I can feel the pain while typing this post, but I think happiness and excitement overcome the pain. xD

Alright, I gotta go to post office to mail something to my friends, make raisin buns, pan-seared salmon with sauted vegetables, and mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving Eve dinner! I'll post pictures and I can't wait to enjoy some yummy food in the holiday! :D





No comments:

Post a Comment