Monday, November 11, 2013

My Favorite Chefs! Super Inspirational In Cooking!

As I mentioned before, I am a self-taught cook. I started cooking three years ago, and I have always looked on a few amazing chefs/people who are great at cooking. Simplicity best fits my situation because I am a high school student in a academic rigorous school. I don't have the time to cook some world class dishes in my tiny kitchen. I have only got an hour everyday to cook and wash dishes. Therefore, I am really looking at the people who can provide quick and easy recipes. If the recipe is not quite healthy, I make my own substitution to make it healthy but still being tasty.

1. The first chef who inspires me to cook is Christine's Recipes by Christine Ho. She, a home cook, presents her recipes in an easy way. I remembered I found her recipe because I wanted to bake something. Since then, I started looking at her other Chinese/Cantonese recipes because I really miss my home food. She also inspires me to eat healthy by using healthy ingredients in her recipes. Without her, this blog would not exist. She inspires me to start blogging about my passion to food, and she's sincerely nice and just a great cook to learn from. Especially for beginners.

2. This person have the greatest impact on my belief and vision to food. He inspired me to think beyond the taste, to a level where I started to care about health. He raised my awareness to the health issues involving food in America. He changed the way I view chips, sodas, snacks (JUNK FOOD!). Most importantly, he changed the way I cook and the way I select food to eat. Yes, he is Jamie Oliver. One of the greatest chef on the planet, and one of the most amazing human beings I've ever known. The way he cooks have inspired many kids in the world. He encourages people to use organic (home-grown!) ingredients, as well as cooking healthily. He not only made me discovered how important health is, but also inspired me to make an impact in the community with my power. I hope that I can be part of his food revolution in the future, helping with school lunch meals, educating them about food so they can make good decisions for themselves, and ultimately aiming for a healthy next generation. He gave me the dream that I would never thought of when I was in HK. He gave me goals that I can aim on while practicing my passion (cooking). My admiration to him can't be described through words, but I just want to say "THANK YOU" to you, Mr. Oliver. Learning from you has been a great experience and I'll keep working hard to achieve our common goals. Thank you for your time and effort. Thank you for all the things you have done so far in order to raise awareness about food. Thank you for being so inspirational to me. Thank you. "Cook it. Share it. Live it"

3. Laura Vitale (LauraInTheKitchen)
If you ask me what I do I watch, I'll tell you that I have had a record of watching a cooking show (that's right, cooking show) for 4 consecutive hours. To be exact, I watched 4 hours of LauraInTheKitchen, and never got bored with it. Laura has an extraordinary personality. She presents her show in a fun and entertain way. She is cute, funny, lovely, nice, and using a word to sum up, awesome. Her recipes are a great start for a beginner because they are all super easy (and relatively quick too!) to make. I bet they are all fool-proved. She can easily bring a person into cooking as well as baking since her recipes have a successful rate of 95% (with 5% of ingredients, accident, and human errors), it really makes people who are not good at cooking/never been into the kitchen before proud. Laura specifies in Italian and American cooking, as well as all kinds of baking. She's a great chef and I've learned so much Italian+american cooking from her. She also has some wonderful baking recipes which are simple and delicious. I definitely encourage you to check out her website and youtube channel to begin your cooking journey! You won't regret knowing her, I promise.


4. 飞雪无霜的美食博客

No comments:

Post a Comment